SHIFT FROM PHYSICAL GATHERING TO ONLINE CHURCH SERVICES
FROM MARCH 22, 2020
Greetings of grace and peace be multiplied to you and yours in Jesus mighty name.
Following the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 and in keeping with our core values of which one is social relevance; public health and safety are key concerns for us. At House on the Rock London, we are committed to doing everything possible to help to curb the spread of this virus in our community. In view of this, the Leadership of House On The Rock, London Lighthouse has decided to suspend all physical church gatherings, meetings, classes and move them online for the safety of our members, teams and community.
OUR DUTY OF CARE
The current advice from the government to avoid catching and help curb the spread of the virus remains; stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms and social distancing. In addition to this, there are guidelines of Dos and Don’ts highlighted as follows:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- Use public transport only for essential travel in the absence of private travel
- Work from home, if you can
- Avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- Avoid events with large groups of people
- Use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family
For more information on health information and advice check https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
For information on government response to coronavirus on GOV.UK https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
For guidelines from World Health Organisation : https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Even though we will not be meeting physically going forward, we still believe that it is our duty to continue to encourage and strengthen your faith and hope especially in this challenging season. Hence, our church services will hold virtually on our various digital platforms from Sunday 22nd March at 10.30am on the following platforms:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/londonlighthouse
YouTube – www.youtube.com/hotrlondon
Please also follow us on our other digital platforms:
Instagram – www.instagram.com/hotrlondon
Twitter – www.twitter.com/hotrlondon
Website – www.hotr.org.uk
- We ask you to join us online, reach out to your family, friends, and loved ones to join in the service on our social media platforms.
- Subscribe, for free, to receive links to our messages on SoundCloud and other relevant information by leaving your name and phone number on this secure link http://bit.ly/MRCSubscribe so you can listen to it again at your convenience.
- We strongly encourage all our members and guests to subscribe to and follow us on our Facebook page, YouTube Channel, Instagram, Twitter and our Website (links above).
- Save and join our various prayer calls on 0330 390 2100 passcode 131046# (Our 21-day PUSH & Share commences on Monday the 23rd of March and we will pray daily from 5am to 6am)
We are aware that every day, we are bombarded with COVID-19 news and this influx of information can breed a sense of uncertainty and even fear. As believers, we are to respond appropriately by guarding our hearts to avoid anxiety, fill ourselves up with the word of God and remind ourselves of who and whose we are in Christ Jesus.
As we weather the storm of COVID-19 together as a people, we choose to walk in wisdom, we refuse the spirit of fear, for God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
We will continue to love one another, pray together as a community, speak peace and health over our lives, our loved ones, our community and our nation.
We pray Philippians 4:6-7 that the peace of God will keep our hearts and minds. We ask for God’s wisdom to guide us and His power to preserve us. We also pray for our leaders, researchers, scientists that God will give them creative wisdom and the spirit of witty invention to find solutions and make decisions that will preserve lives in Jesus name.
We look forward to engaging with you online from Sunday 22nd March 2020.
God bless you.
Temi & Abisoye Odejide
House On The Rock, London